View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 09:55 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
Paajarvi is a guy I'd think would thrive in Nashville.

But considering the lack of decent defensive forward options in Edmonton's system, you'd have to overpay to get him. Simple as that.
I highly doubt Poile is willing to overpay for a guy like MPS. There just isn't the need in Nashville. When he overpaid for Gaustad he was trying to solidify the PK (also brought in Gill) and get some more depth in the bottom six.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Right now realistically it would cost Zack Budish, and Austin Watson, but we know that's not going to happen like the Oilers will trade MPS.

Oilers need his size in the line up, and he's turning out to be a 3rd line forward that's good at the PK.
Yeah that definitely isn't going to happen. I'd rather hang on to both of those guys at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Blum had a sophomore slump, no doubt. But he is back at the level he was at during 2010-2011, if not higher. We'll see how long he keeps it up, but he looks very different compared to the start of last season. Now it's just a numbers game. Josi and Ellis are that good. Also, 24 years old is not old at all for a dman. We've been spoiled lately with Doughtys and Karlssons, because typically dman take at least 5 years to develop.

Nashville passes on a MPS for Blum swap.
Definitely. Blum for MPS is terrible value for Nashville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Paajarvi, Teubert and Edmonton's 1st 2014 for Ellis

Whitney will likely be gone from EDM soon enough and we need another offensive puck carrying Dman.
Wow... I mean, as much as I like Ellis I'd have to take that package, but Edmonton would never offer it.