View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Bullsmith

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Not better top to bottom. They have better forwards and they're tougher. They're better than they've been in a while and with the young players they have they'll be getting better going forward as long as ownership doesn't start with more 'quick fixes.'
The other potential problem in Toronto is the way they are rushing their young goalies. Two guys with zero complete seasons as a successful NHL number one COMBINED are supposed to carry the franchise. No pressure, take your time becoming an NHL number one. No worries teams will start to exploit, say, a glove hand once the league zones in on it.

Not saying they won't succeed, and it's nothing against Reimer or Scrivens themselves, but man if I were writing a book on how to ruin goalie prospects...

Sorry for going off topic. Let me get back on by by pointing out that Carey Price has survived being thrown to the wolves too young (I would argue in part by Jaro Halak forcing him to fight for his job, and to compete at an elite level). He's a huge reason the Habs are off to a good start.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote