View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Shootmaster_44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodlad View Post
No, their games normally start at 7 just like most teams. The reason the games started late this week is both games are being shown on TSN, who is in the midst of broadcasting a national curling championship and didn't want a conflict.

Yes, really.
They even delayed the NHL broadcast as the women's curling match was still going. It was tied until the last rock, I was worried it was going to be in extra ends and delayed further. Normally, TSN2 would carry the beginning and switch to TSN when the game started, but of course St. Louis/Colorado is on TSN2 right now too.

It amazes me how much the Scotties Tournament of Hearts (I swear that is the curling tournament's name) and the Tim Hortons Brier (the men's equivalent, which is kicking the Oilers out of Rexall for 2 weeks in March) get as far as coverage. I guess it is the only event where your neighbor really could be playing in it. Team Saskatchewan features the daughter of the people I buy my lunch from (and I think it is Caps goalie Braden Holtby's sister).