View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 09:34 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by csanadi19 View Post
Even though i agree that the particular proposal is in the avs favour, to say ROR won't return a blue chipper is completely inaccurate. Now as you said our fan base is hard to to talk to, let go over the reasons for this:

1) when trading with the leafs, we want a defenseman that can play top pairing minutes with EJ, because trading for any forward on the leafs would be uselesss because of our depth. And we do not want Gunnarson as we do not believe he's 1st pairing material.

2) Leafs fan continue to make proposal stating its fair value for them, but when avs fan say no we're the ones gauging value wrong.

3) we plain and simple are sick of the leafs scraps for Colorado deals. If you want to give quality we will gladly discuss fair value for ROR, but it seems like leaf fans consistently think they can get our players for scraps, even tho we reject the offer 99 times outta 100
I am a LEafs fan that wants nothign to do with ROR.

Some of the rediculous offers I have seen for him make me spill my beer.

Some of the prices the AVs want are equally rediculous.

ROR is a good defensive player. He happened, due to necessity, to play top line minutes last season. HE had a carreer year. Good for him.

However, he has only had the one good year. HE has never even in junior hit 20goals in a season, and even in Junior he never posted a PPG season.

Granted he is better than Bozak, and might become more offensive than GRabo, but the difference between them, the actual UPGRADE for the Leafs is not worht anything near Gardiner, or Frattin, or Kadri, or Rielly or whaever top young player that seems to be the starting point.

I don't see ROR as a bonafide #1C. That is what the LEafs need.
So if you want to talk about Duchene the cupboards are open and there is a lot available. But for ROR, it just isn't happening.

Please sign him or Trade him somewhere else so this madness can stop. THank you.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote