View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 09:47 PM
TorstenFrings
lebenslang grünweiss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Nobody is asking for a Yakupov type (though I guess the one Bogo suggestion is almost as goofy, but no reasonable Oiler fan would suggest it). A Klefbom type + 1st for Hemsky is a bit of wishful thinking, but in the right ballpark. One Pens fan suggested Maata and a 1st, while another Pens fan scoffed at it. That tells me it is right in that range (maybe Harrington instead if he is valued slightly less than Maata).

As for whether or not I'd deal Klefbom and a 1st for Hemsky the answer would be no, but only based on team needs and the current position of our pick. We have enough skill, we need more size and grit. Now if I could deal that for Dustin Brown, the answer would be hell ya (I realize he is LA's captain and they wouldn't move him, just looking for a comparable in terms of age, contract status and production). A more valuable player, but so is the Klefbom + 1st package.

I think the Preds, Pens, Wings, Yotes and Devils would all have interest if still in a playoff spot at the deadline. The minimum starting point would be a first, which may eliminate the Wings (need to build their D prospect pool badly) and Devils (host the draft this year and must forfeit a 1st by 2014).

NAS: 1st + TB 3rd
PIT: 1st + Harrington
PHX: 1st + Brown
Well someone asked for Bogosian, since the Oilers did not have a D even close to that I tried to model it with Yakupov.

Whatever, I think 1st + 3rd is maybe possible at the deadline, if everything goes well for Hemsky until then, so we are not that far apart.
Would not give you 1st + Harrington ever, because Harrington >> 3rd and I do not want Hemsky on the Pens, but really, I don't think we have this super HUGE gap here, so lets not haggle about it.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote