View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 09:53 PM
Llama19

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major4Boarding View Post
I don't believe I ever recall seeing these videos referenced in any of the post bankruptcy threads but I just happened to stumble across these on YT. Absolutely fascinating stuff. If you're interested, I recommend setting aside about an hour as it's in 3 segments.

It's a panel discussion regarding professional sports team and Bankruptcy. On this panel, held by ASU's Sports & Entertainment Law Students Association and the Sports and Entertainment Law Journal, the panel includes:

Judge Baum, Moyes Attorney Tom Salerno (Squire, Sanders & Dempsey), and Susan Freeman (one of Balsillies attorney's - Lewis and Roca LLP), for those that are unfamiliar.

Heavy on the bankruptcy case, even in some instances indicting and pretty damning. Also goes into the Stars, Texas Rangers, and LA Dodgers.

IMO, absolutely worth the hour investment of time.

1 of 3

2 of 3

3 of 3
Finished watching the videos, great stuff!

(Could be interesting to bring at the next CoG council meeting when the Coyotes are on the agenda. )

Best quote (video 2 from Judge Redfield T. Baum - time mark ~ 7:45 on reading from NHL expert article)

"How to make a small fortune by owning a professional sports franchise. The next line is -- start with a large fortune and buy an NHL franchise."