Thread: Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus Flyers vs Pens 2/20/13
View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 11:13 PM
pixiesfanyo

vCash: 500
Vokoun played well. He had a couple of what the **** moments, but that is pretty commonplace on this Penguins team, especially with how our D is playing. Why is Despres not playing? Why is Letang on the point on the PP when Martin is taking shots that are getting rebounded into the net every time? Why is Orpik suddenly the weakest dude in front of his net? Why is Engo not fighting anymore?

It is like the complete opposite of last year, Martin is playing fantastic and everyone else sucks. This game is a perfect example of why our coaching and defensive liabilities are what do us in. A mirror image of last years playoff series and the worst part is watching sub-par elite players like Giroux and Voracek make a mockery of a much better team.

I love Bylsma, but we really need a shot in the arm. I dunno if his firing is the thing we need to do, but Shero is not to blame. We have a steady supply of solid prospects. We have fantastic depth, but nobody is taking accountability for our actions. Everyone will pin this loss on Vokoun's sloppiness on a goal or two, but where the **** was the coverage on any of his other goals? Letting Simmonds coast into the net and score, not holding the puck under Vokoun on the first goal? The powerplay where nobody puts a shoulder into Simmonds while he does the same move he did to score his first? This team needs to learn from their mistakes and Bylsma isn't. Hopefully there is some adjustment and hopefully it is very soon. Our play over the entire year should put us in the same position as the Flyers right now, but luckily we have Crosby and Malkin who even when they are playing average propel us past ****** teams.

Such a disappointing effort, and so disappointing because we saw it all last year in the playoffs and have made no adjustment.

As a fan of hockey I loved this game. As a fan of the Penguins I was embarrassed.