Thread: Rick Nash
View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 10:18 PM
nevesis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
THIS here is baseless speculation. This is sports world version of Pareidolia.
Just wanted to respond to this one point because it isn't baseless speculation, its fact. Notice I used the word 'could have', because this is what can happen a few days after suffering a concussion.

"The abbreviation PCS may also be used to mean post-concussion symptoms. Symptoms can appear immediately, or weeks to months after the initial injury. Their severity lessens progressively over time. The nature of the symptoms tends to change over time: they are most commonly of a physical nature following the injury, but tend to become predominantly psychological later. Signs and symptoms such as noise sensitivity, problems with concentration and memory, irritability, depression, anxiety, fatigue, and poor judgment may be called 'late symptoms' because they generally do not occur immediately after the injury, but rather days or weeks after. Nausea and drowsiness commonly occur two to four weeks after concussion and can be long lasting. Also, headache and dizziness occur immediately after the injury and can be long lasting." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome

Again, I am have no idea what the injury is, but the hit that Nash took from Lucic could have easily resulted in a concussion, hence the reason why Brooks brought the concussion word into the conversation. If that hit never happened, I am sure the only thing we would be discussing is the injuries he sustained while playing in Switzerland during the lockout (groin)