View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
I don't like Gio, I've been saying that since two years ago. The patented whip-my-stick-back-and-forth-to-slap-the-puck-at-the-blue-line-thingy is disgusting. The inability to catch a pass... The inability to be strong or to skate fast....

But.
I still think we need him this year.

He's a complementary winger at the moment. He needs 0 PP time, and I mean 0, nada, niet, non criss... He might not be fit anymore for the top 6 but who else do we really have ? Right now we need to put him in a situation to succeed.
How? Big C/Plek/Big winger/line carrier. After all he's not that horrible defensively and he still posses some offensive instinct. (Which is why we're all so frustrated with him missing all those chances.)

I say either you put him on the third line (Where he really belong and oh boy, did I say that a long time ago.) or you use him as a complementary winger (Like atm.)

Maybe (when gally comes back.) we could try and switch both the kid and the vet ?
Or maybe we could use Gionta to create a new shutdown line with Eller ? We have one top 9 forward that is the odd man out at the moment and I can't seem to 4 good lines.
TBH, Maybe we should trade him. We're blessed with a pretty healthy line up though, this could change and I'd be happy having Gionta being the oddman out.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote