Thread: Marian Gaborik
View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 11:25 PM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 783
What if it's actually Richards who is making Gaborik float more than usual because Marian knows in the back of his head, that poor Brad can't complete a tape to tape pass through traffic anymore. Richards just got BODIED by a tiny midget in Plekanec and Deshernais/Gallagher last night. That's hard to forget. Seeing your #1 center hold onto the puck too long and get out muscled by a 175 lb soaking wet guy who is about 5'9".

If I was Gaborik, personally, I wouldn't trust that guy to feed me passes all night anymore. I would hang back a little more than usual just in case he screws up in the O-zone next time, and gives up yet ANOTHER breakaway. ( Oh and the worst part is Gaborik can actually backcheck and catch up to 85% of players on a break, poor Brad can't even cross the blue line when the shooter is already in on Hank)

Think about that for a moment. We are missing communication out on the ice. Torts is telling them to grind and dump, but it looks to me like he is forgetting to tell them to communicate with each other and provide SUPPORT on the puck. They need to start supporting each other and know in the back of their heads that my line-mate/ D-man has my back if I take this risk. So far, no cigar boys.

Last edited by 5 4 Fighting: 02-20-2013 at 11:30 PM.