View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 12:25 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

vCash: 500
I'm very interested in the main event, and the women's division in general... But to put Rousey's MMA resumé against GSP's? Wow.

Speaking of the women's division, I'm disappointed that Marloes Coenen went to Invicta. No surprise though, since she was one of the Golden Glory camp members who had her Zuffa contract terminated after that Overeem dilemma in Strikeforce. She is talented in a technical way (something the women's division lacks in a major way other than Rousey's judo) and on top of that, she's attractive, well spoken, and experienced enough to know she's not a flash in the pan. Not to mention that she has wins over Carmouch and Kaufman, and a sub loss to Miesha Tate which could have made for a marketable rematch.

She'll probably end up fighting Cyborg again at 145, but after that I don't think anyone in Invicta's talent pool is a good fight for her. If she wins, she's crushing nobodies in a small organization; if she loses, she pretty much has nowhere to take her career. Invicta seems like the minor leagues for women, even though they have a deeper roster.

yakitate304 is offline   Reply With Quote