View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 11:44 PM
THE HOFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
With the emergence of Gallagher and Eller and the building efficiency of White as a fourth liner, I wonder if Habs should think of trading Gionta.

Here's my humble toughts :

1- Gionta isn't really efficient since 2 years now. Not dominant at all in any aspect of the game.
2- Gionta could bring a good return come the trade deadline because he still has value for a team going all the way (veteran, leadership, playoffs experience) or for a young team thinking they may win it all.
3- Trading Gionta wouldn't be a tanking move because he's replaceable, and it would still be a move to help the team for the future depending on what comes back.

I would contemplate the same thing for Cole, but not for both; Habs still need veteran presence. But Cole, the way he's playing, doesn't have the same value right now, and I do think he will turns things around, if not this year then next year.

What do you guys think about that?
just means hes going to have less on his shoulders and be ready when it counts. with the guys doing the job, it just makes him fall exactly where he should be in the depth chart imho.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote