View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 12:50 AM
THE HOFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well maybe the healthy lineup, and somewhat to my surprise, could and should see a Ryan White centering the 4th based on what could be his faceoffs strengths, at least when you compare them to the rest of the C's. So frankly, if we want to see Eller evolves, he won't do it centering the 4th. So the day that he has enough confidence to also shine as a winger, something we didn't think possible, I most definately see Eller at Gionta's spot. Which in the end means a lineup of:

Eller-Pleks-Bourque
Gallagher-Galchenyuk-Pacioretty (interchange whoever on those lines, whether it's Eller, Gallagher or Pacioretty)
Prust-DD-Cole

My point being....I don't see a Gionta on a 4th line. But I would believe that to be a better team and to see our kids improve, that's where he should be playing. And like I mention...you could even give him tons of PK time if you want. Just no PP time. And reduce his minutes ES.
I respectfully disagree and I think he is a good PP player and a player that makes our team better with his intelligence, speed and scoring skills. He makes our transition game better and he draws a lot of penalties from opposing teams. His heart and work ethic makes him exactly the type of player a guy like bourque needs to play with imho. Eller can play 1 or 2 seasons like he does now -hasn't sustained great play before, but id def give him more PP time - before anything needs to happen. he needs to slowly gain confidence in himself, not being put on the throne and fail. he doesnt need that pressure at least not this year. so when you said '' the day that he has enough confidence '' I thought it was the center of your comment, with which I can agree, I just don't think its going to be in the near future ... say a full year , and by then ... the picture might have already changed a lot. But with the picture being changed ... you're still going to need that heart and work ethic and skill set that gionta provides, so I don't see the need to move him to make room for someone if he leaves a leadership hole behind its pointless imho.

Last edited by THE HOFF: 02-21-2013 at 01:01 AM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote