View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 11:50 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
In regards to Hiller and Fasth coexisting, Fasth's backloaded deal paying him $2.4M in the first and $3.4M in the second year, I would agree that it seems to make it relatively unlikely that both are still with the Ducks too deep into next year, before Hiller's contract runs out. $6.9M for that type of tandem doesn't take away the option of keeping both that long, though.
People really need to read this.

Next year if we keep both we will only be paying 1.4 million more in salary (which is all ducks care about) than we are right now. That's not going to be an issue with Getz and Perry at all.

I think what's going to happen is the following:

Ducks will see if Fasth continues to outplay Hiller. If he does and shows he's a number one the rest of the way, they'll explore moving Hiller in offseason.

If Hiller plays as good (or better), they'll hold onto both next season, and will have to make the decision on whether to go with Fasth or re-sign Hiller and trade Fasth.

I definitely do not think both will be here the season after next, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them both here at least until the deadline next year. It's only a 1.4 difference.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote