View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 11:59 PM
nitz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Look at the past 10 drafts and tell me how well most 6th overall picks have done? I'd be very happy with a Fisher. Fisher is a very good player.

Anyway...right now I'm concerned about him. I don't think he was the optimal pick at his position and I've always been sceptical of the pick. He has all the tools -- a great shot, speed, hands, size...but he just doesn't seem to have the head to go with it. There's a chance that a switch turns on, but with all the issues he's had so far in his career I'm thinking it's much more likely that he has the upside of a good 2nd line winger that could score 25 goals and bring good defence and energy to the team.

He'll be a valuable player I think, but I don't think he has that elite top end that should come from a lottery pick. I do think he's a safe bet to be a long time NHL player though.
You don't shoot for a 3rd line centre with the #6 overall pick. End of discussion.

Edmonton is having the same thing happen with Paajarvi right now. Certainly not living up to draft expectations, and I, for one, have been very disappointed with him.

nitz is offline   Reply With Quote