View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 12:18 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
We've seen one real moment of adversity, and that was the 6-0 drubbing they took on home ice against the leafs, and they responded fiercely and positively

Calling the habs schedule easy is basically like calling out a chunk of the eastern conference. All of the losses have been within the division, and a couple of them were blown 3rd period leads.

The team just keeps finding a way. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, but I'm sure as hell enjoying the ride.

It took 41 wins to get in the dance last year. Pro-rated, that means 24 wins this year. That means 13 wins in the final 32 games to get in.

That sounds pretty damn achievable to me. You might say that we should set our hopes higher considering this start, but I would have gladly taken a playoff spot before the season started, so I'll keep my expectations constant.
Or to look at it another way, most pundits agree it will take about 54-55 points to get into the playoffs. Let's say 55, this means we need to play ,500 (point percentage) till the end of the season, 32 points in 32 games.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote