Thread: Proposal: Edm - Phx
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 01:54 AM
Shepard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Switch Gagner with MPS and take Torres out of the deal and I'd have a really hard time deciding if I could accept that one.

Switch Gagner with Hanzal and we again are still lacking depth at center.

Hanzal would be an ideal predecessor to for the checking line center after Horcoff gets bought out, but there's no way you're going to convince me that he's going to help Hemsky or Yakupov's numbers much.
The value in the OP at least seems like effort was put into it, but switching Gagner with MPS is awful for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
OEL is on a 50 point pace and living up to his billing. Given roughly equal value, the edge always goes to the D. I would never, ever swap Eberle for OEL straight up. So the proposal dies before you even consider Gagner is historically a 45 pt center, and Hanzal can match that while providing excellent defense.

That's before we get to the contracts. Eberle is going to make 6 million, and Gagner will probably want a healthy raise.

Pass, all the way around.
Let's wait until Hanzal has actually matched 45 points to say that, especially if you're going to knock Gagner for historically being a 45 point center.

Both Gagner and Hanzal appear to having breakout years, but both of them could drop off at any point and go back to what they usually produce.

Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote