View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 02:16 AM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANOZ28 View Post
i know we are already talking about this, i just thought i'd post the espn rumor on this subject. Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Pens' potential interest in Cullen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Victoria Matiash

Recent murmurings surrounding the Pittsburgh Penguins hint at an interest in improving the squad -- relatively soon -- through trade. CBC's Elliotte Friedman suggests Penguins GM Ray Shero may have his eye on one Minnesota Wild forward, in particular.

"... So who was Shero watching last week in Minnesota? He attended (the) Avalanche/Wild game the night before Pittsburgh won in Winnipeg. You know who has Penguin written all over him? Matt Cullen ..."

Cullen is in the final year ($3.5 million) of his current contract. Underperforming in Minnesota this season, the 36-year-old could be a solid trade asset for the Wild.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I personally don't consider ESPN as any kind of credible source in regards to puck rumors. I do believe Shero was probably looking at Setoguchi or maybe PMB for a rental. Cullen is a 3rd line guy and especially after watching the PIT/PHI game tonite(what a great game!) they NEED an upgrade on top six wing. That ain't Matt. Unless we falter and are out of the playoff picture, I think Matty will be here for the duration. He does historically play very well in the playoffs.