View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 02:29 AM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
We'll see.

I say we will need him come playoff time.
He definitely has been a very clutch player for us, not only in the playoffs.

I get that memories fade quickly, so perhaps the fact that we're doing well is actually the cause for people to go nitpicking.

I've even said that Eller could have his spot on that line IF he could play that wing, but I see no problem with Gio's game, as simple as it is. We have other players doing more complex stuff. Even I get slightly annoyed when it's just another slapper, but the guy knows what he's doing and many of those slappers have gone in for us over the years. His timing has been off on some plays, but take another look and you'll see they weren't the most perfect put aways (others have fluffed on those, including Markov).

The Pleks-Bourque-Gio line when on the ice gives me confidence that something good is going to happen or at least, probably something bad isn't going to happen. I really think that the same way DD-Cole-Patch were magical together last year should put things into perspective when looking at a single player. Gio and Pleks play very well together and communicate amazingly - you can see it from all the clips and if you follow the team (it's not some wild speculation, these vets know how to get it together). With Rene's turnaround play this season, it's brought a new dimension to each of those players and it's paying off.

Am also glad Pleks has steady linemates.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote