View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 03:18 AM
excape

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
now i dont want to sound racist (and i hope i dont come off as that because im not trying to be and im not racist)and i have no idea what was said (but i can imagine)

but if people said the same thing about white anchors no one would care. once that happens (no one caring what is said on twitter) racism will stop, the problem is people are being offended and people need to just shrug it off because there are stupd people out there. imo this thread is more or lessthe bigger problem, people just need to shrug it off and just say "idiots" (i want to add im a white male) and get back to life instead of worry about idiots on the internet.
No one would care because it doesn't happen. When you see two white anchors (or at least one white anchor), it just seems 'normal' so there's really nothing to say. Bring out two people that aren't white males and people notice. If there were two women anchors, there would be sexist comments instead of racial ones.

Racism will not stop if you ignore it (I personally doubt it will ever stop). But, ignoring it definitely won't make it stop. The best defense against it is educating people. Trust me, when racist comments like that are targeted toward you or people of the same ethnicity, it's not exactly easy to ignore and shrug off. It's hard to 'get back to life' when that is a part of your life. It can take a mental toll.