View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 05:10 AM
Darth Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I think there is a case for Baker if you use criteria completely different from what most of us (including me) use. If you look at Americans in an American-only world, Baker probably did dominate other American hockey players more than any other American, even if there were many Canadians at the time who were probably better than him. Sort of how some people rank Bobrov as among the best Soviet players of all time.

Baker is also arguably the most historically significant American hockey player of all time.
Yes, and the highlighted is perhaps important when it comes to his induction too although i wont use it for sure right here. I am also of the opinion that the first generations of players should be acknowledged and respected becouse they did what they did in a whole other world than later players, that just happens to make millions of dollars even if that is just fluff i happen to bring to attention. This is also why Frank Brimsek should be an icon for all american hockey fans, just as Hobey Baker i presume.

Darth Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote