View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 05:18 AM
The Angry Teatowel
@AngryTeatowel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beyonder View Post
There is no way, I mean NO WAY, the leafs trade Morgan Rielly for O'Reilly in a package let alone straight up, especially with the contract situation between the Avs and O'Reilly. Rielly is a dynamic player with a special skillset who will probably be an elite offensive d-men in the league one day.

ROR's a young player who has had one good year and is asking way too much for it. Avs management are smart enough to realize that and I don't think other managements in the league, especially the leafs, are going to overpay a #1C price tag for someone who appears to be a very good/great #2/3C.

I personally don't think the upgrade over a Bozak, who has been great this year, is worth a prospect of Morgan's caliber. Leaf management are extremely high on Morgan, for good reason, and I don't think he's going anywhere unless it's an offer they have to make; I don't think O'Reilly is one of those offers, even less so when you factor the circumstance surround his contract negotiations.
This idea that O'Reilly only had one good season needs to stop. He's had 2 good seasons and one great season. Yes, he 'only' put up 26 points in each of the first two seasons, he was playing very sound hockey and playing well defensively. Yet again, the majority of HF Boards posters can't see past point totals.

Last edited by The Angry Teatowel: 02-21-2013 at 05:29 AM.
The Angry Teatowel is offline   Reply With Quote