View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 06:46 AM
McDorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Because both were signed to lengthy deals just a short while ago and unless they have flat out stopped giving a damn the management has already spoken to how they view these players in terms of their importance to the team. Gagner signed for consecutive 1 year deals and Hemsky signing for 2 years at least at the time of the contracts tells me that management was/is less certain of their spots here longer term.

It is still my belief that one of these players will be moved at some point in the next year or so and with both playing some of their best offensive hockey in recent years their values may well be at their highest this season or next.
Thanks for your measured response to my grumpy post BBO. I'm getting sick of all the trade talk after a loss, so it culminated with me taking it out on you.

Sorry about that.

If there is any possible way we could keep both of these guys, it would make me happy. I want to see both of these players who we drafted, and have spent the better part of their careers on a crappy club, lift a cup in Oiler colors.

If we HAVE to pick, I'd agree with moving Hemsky because of what others have mentioned, we have enough wingers and are very shallow at center depth. If and when either player is moved, it better be for a game breaker.

McDorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote