View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 07:01 AM
skibum

vCash: 500
Darcy has made a lot of moves that seemed shrewd or even ballsy at the time they were made, but that didn't make the impact expected ie. Leino, Regehr, Rivet. He has also traded a lot of good draft picks for guys that have contributed absolutely nothing: Zubrus, Moore, Bernier, Torres, Boyes.

He has brought a lot of good players to the team: Ehrhoff, Hodgson, Leopold (in previous years, anyway), Briere, Drury, etc. He has certainly drafted a lot of talented players, too.

But in the end, you have to look at the results on the ice. After 15+ years and now an owner with bottomless pockets, we have perhaps the worst performing team in Darcy's entire tenure. I don't see how this team, regardless of who is coaching it, could ever get itself into playoff form.

He should have been fired immediately after Briere and Drury left town. The recent trade of Roy, our best center on a team notoriously thin at center, for an overhyped pest in Steve Ott, has proved to be a total failure. I think if you look at the whole balance sheet, you have to agree that the bad outweighs the good when it comes to personnel moves.

We had a great coach who couldn't turn this assembly of mediocre players into winners. I think it's time to get a GM with a different vision in place.

skibum is offline   Reply With Quote