Thread: Value of: Cole + Subban + 1st 2013
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 07:35 AM
Trembz420

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
Sometimes I wonder if people replying to these trade proposals are dumb or plain trolling.

Why bother saying it won't happen? We all know these trades won't happen. We make these threads to have opinions on trades or values of different players. The OP is asking what this package is worth. Why bother saying it won't happen as if the OP has the power to make it happen and by posting it won't, you're vetoing his right to make it happen?

As for the thread, kinda difficult to answer. Cole's value is negative at this point. Subban + 1st in 2013 +2nd in 2014 for Couturier + Schenn?

Flyers desperately need a young top pairing Dman. They are loaded on offense with Giroux, Simmonds, Hartnell, Voracek, Briere and have excellent depth. The loss of Pronger and Timonen not getting younger should make getting a top pairing Dman a priority. Montreal has two good D prospects on the farm that could ease the loss of Subban. The 2nd is because Schenn seems to be coming along quite nicely and although Couturier still has a long way to go, he's at the very worst a good third liner. So two proven NHL'ers for one of the best D under 25, a 1st in a deep draft and a 2nd in 2014?

Montreal gets bigger at center with Couturier. His defensive skills will be really helpful and they also get some skill and decent size on the wing/center depending on where Schenn is used.

I've explained the reasoning. Is the value fair?
I wouldnt do Subban straight up for Couts cause we clearly need Subban on D more than we need another center... Schenn wouldnt be the difference maker on the back end in any way neither... + you want to get rid of our first this year and second next year... Value is probably quite fair to be honest... But Montreal passes

Trembz420 is offline   Reply With Quote