View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 07:36 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitz View Post
A 3rd line centre from a lottery pick? I wouldn't be happy with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitz View Post
You don't shoot for a 3rd line centre with the #6 overall pick. End of discussion.

Edmonton is having the same thing happen with Paajarvi right now. Certainly not living up to draft expectations, and I, for one, have been very disappointed with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
If Sens are hoping for a Mike Fisher with a 6th overall pick, they have to rethink they're drafting strategy.
Because there are so many 6th overall superstars in the league? You try to draft a star with every pick. That said there are so many players even that get picked 1st overall (still playing in this league!) that never become stars. Getting a good 2nd line player out of the first round of a draft is not a bad thing. You can be disappointed all you want, but unless it's a very top end draft year (look at this year) chances are the 'can't miss' prospects are gone by 6. Then it becomes a gamble.

Personally I wish we had taken Hamilton...I have no idea why we drafted Zibanejad where we did. It was a disappointing draft overall for me as I don't think that Noesen or Puempel are going to be impact players either. Who knows though they are all young and have a long time to develop.

Curtinho is online now   Reply With Quote