View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 07:41 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Gabby is being criticised because 8 of his 11 points (5 of his 7 goals) came in a three game stretch about a month ago.

He's being criticised because he has 3 points in 8 games in February.

He's being criticised because he's amassed his point totals in just 5 of the teams 15 games.

I would rather he spread those totals out over the 15 games and be a factor on a regular basis as opposed what is an average of 1 showing every 3 games.

He's paid to be a factor nightly. If he's not a factor nightly, then he is not doing his job.

I like Gaborik, think teams need snipers like him. But I would MUCH rather prefer him to have scored his goals more evenly as opposed to scoring in just 4 out of 15 games.
Exactly.

"Stats stats stats" is the only defense for Gaborik, and there's flaws in that as well. As you pointed out.

I'd disagree that Gaborik is invisible. He's very noticeable. Noticeably lazy. He refuses to move his feet, at all. No second effort. No back check. He's stationary on the power play.

How many times does his coach need to allude to all of this before the player gets it.