View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 07:42 AM
achillesheel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
The NBA used to have so many great personalities and legends: Jordan, Bird, Johnson, Malone, Ewing, Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, Hakeem "the dream" Olajuwon, Dominique Wilkins, Pippen, Stockton, Miller, Kemp, Gary Payton...

When I try to watch the NBA these days, it's just a random assortment of guys who act like they're bigger than the league but haven't done a damn thing to deserve the reputation they think they're entitled to.

Coaches used to actually coach, but it seems as though the biggest job for a lot of coaches these days is to manage egos. The whole culture of the league is just such a gigantic turn-off for me.
To wit (and I know its only the all star game, but its a perfect microcosm of the league as a whole in 2013):

Quote:
According to Steven A. Smith, Popovich tried to draw up a play for Howard during a timeout on Sunday night. But, when he looked up, Howard wasn't in the Western Conference huddle. Instead, he was sitting on the bench messing around with a couple of celebrities who were sitting nearby. So, Popovich scrapped the play and dropped a couple of F-bombs in Howard's direction.