Thread: Value of: Couturier
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 09:07 AM
PayItForward

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Couturier paced for 28 points in an 82 game season last year.

Couturier is currently pacing for 36 points in an 82 game season when the early scoring was particularly bad for the Flyers. Their offense is unnaturally low to start a season after a rough start and all of the injuries. His totals will end up better than a 36-point pace. I expect him to be around 40-45 point pace which isn't bad for a 20-year-old playing all of the hard defensive minutes behind Giroux and Schenn.

Seriously, how many of these under-20s you're comparing him to would've played so much of that 5-3 last night against Pittsburgh's best forwards? Him, Coburn, and Grossmann killed off most of it themselves.

How much out of your gas tank do you think that takes? Asking him to produce 60 points in that role at this age just isn't really an option.

As far as garbage goals go, you might as well start stripping people of their points now. Without garbage goals Voracek has half the points he currently has.
Couturier does actually need to be better offensively if people are going to deem him a future "superstar", especially 5-on-5. Last year he had little PP time, less TOI, worse line mates. He doesn't have those excuses this year, so I don't see how he hasn't had the opportunity, which is what you said.

And I don't see how Couturier playing on a 5-on-3 at this stage makes him a better player in the future than other players in his draft class. He's a different player than them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Id say Fowler, Bogosian, Myers and Kulikov have equal to slightly more value.

And I love the inclusion of Morgan Reilly. Really quality stuff.
Fowler and Bogosian are top pairing d-men on their respective teams... arguably their team's best d-men. How is Couturier worth one of them? What has he done to be worth a young top pairing d-man who still has room to grow?

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote