View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 08:32 AM
Ail
k.

vCash: 500
RGY,

In regards to the idea that RoR is actually holding out for a big payout, again, why do you believe this to be true? All evidence, be it rumblings, rumors or inside info, has suggested something went wrong during negotiations and now he wants out of Colorado. Let's just forget about this part of the scenario entirely however because it's impossible to know one way or the other which is actually the case, and more importantly Sather will get this kid on his terms. Stop worrying about a potential albatross contract because it's pointless. Sather would never let RoR strong-arm him into a ridiculous payout. If he does, you can worry about it then. None of us here are suggesting trading MDZ AND giving RoR the contract he wants. Moving on.

It confuses me that you think Iginla is a better idea as a rental, rather than bringing in future long-term talent in a position where it is lacking it. To suggest Iginla is the move this team needs is to say the Rangers are going to contend for the cup this year and trading away more young assets for a rental is worth it. What gives you that impression? The product on the ice certainly shouldn't, nor should the performance of the two well overpaid and moving out of their prime players they have in Gaborik and Richards. Yet you want to bring in Iggy? No, God no. Certainly not as a trade deadline move.

I like DelZotto but you can win a Cup without a puck mover, especially in the system Torts is running. You can't win one without solid forward depth and center is arguably the most important right now since they have the most defensive responsibility. Unless Torts decides to change the gameplan, I have to say DZ for RoR is a good move, for the right terms.