View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 08:51 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post
First off i will say i am not a parent or an agent or the kid but am definitely involved and have seen all these kids play many many times. Hockey Jockey and NBhockey, you guys have to understand that Scoutmans list is no secret. If you watch any hockey and have seen all these kids it isn't a secret they most or all are going to be drafted. 1 scouts list is just a small part to the draft. Each team has a number of scouts and coaches and gm's who all have input and have different opinions as well. No one knows what team Scoutman scouts for so does it really matter?? You can go look at the central scouting draft list and it says mostly the same stuff so his list being posted in irrelevant. If you guys don't agree on Myers, next time you are at a game, go ask one of the 5-10 scouts sitting in the stands at every flyers game their opinion on myers. They will ALL tell you that he will be a top 3 round pick.
This will be my last post on this.. its taking an negative turn that I'm not comfortable with and this is really to you and Scoutman1.

Let me first say.. its well documented on here that I think Myers and Ward (you mentioned him also) are both good hockey players. I think NB has a very strong group of 97's in whole and I am in no way a detractor from any NB kid getting scouted, drafted and then playing at the highest level possible, quiet the opposite, I truly hope they do. All I am attempting to say, and apparently not doing a very good job at, is that Myers is up against some pretty good compitition in the Atlantic list of kids, not to mention Quebec. Every player has things to work on and Myers is no exception. And in my very humble and respectful opinion, he isn't nessesarily a "stand out" that is way beyond most of the other 97 Dmen in NB and NS. You seem to be taking my comments as I don't think he is any good, which is simply not the case.

So back to the original discussion on Myers, I just don't see him as a high pick.. that doesn't mean I dont think he absolutely wont get drafted or that I don't think he is a good defenceman.

So I'll put my money where my mouth is... of the four NB teams, these are the ones I believe have a shot at getting drafted:

Moncton:
Jacob
Ward
Myers

Saint John:
Leblanc
Bower

Miramichi:
Theriault
Scott

Fredericton:
Deshense
Tompkins
Vance
Paul

Where they get drafted.. if they do... remains to be seen and will be highly influenced by who is still available and what each teams needs are. There is no guarentee in my opinion. I have seen too many kids that where "supposed" to go in this or that round that didn't even get drafted.

Finally, please don't take this as personally as you seem to have. I mean no offence.