View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Snotbubbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Who called Couturier a superstar?

I doubt Couturier can even hit PPG stuck behind Giroux and Schenn.

You know what I think? I think people immediately assume Flyers' fans believe Couturier is a superstar when they compare him to his draft class, but in reality everyone is overrating his draft class, as isn't exactly unexpected around here, by thinking he's got a bunch of kids that are guaranteed to pace for 85-90 points per season to compete against.

Couturier's offensive potential is in the 60-70 range. His offensive floor, at bust level really, is in the 45-50 range. Most of these kids' offensive potential from his draft class are right there too.

Couturier will do all of that with all-world defensive play.
This post pretty much says what I think as well.

Couturier has just as much offensive upside as others in his draft class, but if he doesn't reach his offensive potential, he's still going to be a great defensive forward so his bust potential is less than some of the other guys in his draft class. Couturier doesn't have to score to be effective on the ice. He's exactly what the Flyers need. I'm not sure if he'll ever see a 70 point season with the way the Flyers are currently constructed because he lacks the opportunities to get the maximum offensive zone starts, top PP and offensive linemates. But, 50 points I think will be the norm for him with the potential to fill in as a 1C when there are injuries.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote