View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 08:53 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
I voted with all of the above.

I think that it all kind of applies to the season we are currently having. I think the team is good but that realistically we've slightly overachieved in large part due to our schedule.

I still vow that this is a bubble-team in a normal 82-game season and that the shortened schedule has allowed great variances in teams performances as well as personal performances. It doesn't allow for the law of averages to properly level out. We could very well finish in the upper hierarchy of the Eastern Conference this season, but not unlike 2007-2008 I would pin a lot of it on sheer luck (lack of injuries) and overachieving, and unlike that year just the fact some teams were never able to gain traction for various reasons.

We still have a lot of under performing players that should sound off alarm bells, Erik Cole and Brian Gionta are two relative question marks. David Desharnais has so far been unable to reproduce the highs of last season. We're playing great hockey as a team right now and that's really all that matters, but when the production does dip... These guys need to step it up in a big way, or this 11-4-1 start is going to end up in the rear-view a lot sooner than some people think.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote