View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Who is the real top six in your view?
To me it's not about being top 6, as I said I wanted Eller to be paired with an offensive but defensively reliable winger on the 3rd line. However, this didn't mean getting 3rd line minutes as 3rd liners don't get PP time usually. So, on the 3rd line with PP ice time, and his usual PK time. That would give him about 15min per game which is what I consider top 6 ice time.

But, to go back to your question. Out of our current group, only Plek-Bourque-MaxPac really deserve to be called top 6 at this point.
DD and Gionta have 1 point more than Eller despite having played 80-115 minutes more than him. I know Gionta faces tougher opponents, but we still need more production out of our 1st line winger, .5 scoring pace isn't good enough. I'm not surprised though, he's where I though he'd be in terms of production, that's why I wanted him moved down to the 3rd line.
No need to really discuss Cole's underwhelming performance.

With the way some of these guys are playing, I'd have no issues in giving Eller a crack at it. Actually, this should have been attempted early on when MaxPac got his surgery. Therrien should have tried moving DD on the wing and keeping Eller at center.