View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 09:12 AM
c_robio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan English View Post
I included this in my write-up as well. My conclusion with these numbers is that Drouin is better at creating offense without Nate than vice-versa.

Drouin also shoots at 24.8%, which is absolutely astronomical through 40 games. Without what I could call an elite shot (Mackinnon 15% and Mantha 17% are the only ones I can think of from the Q) that number shows the quality of his shots and his finishing ability.

The stats really do back Drouin offensively but anyone who has seen Mackinnon play knows he carries far more defensive value. It just makes things a little more interesting.
24.8% is wow for sure. He does have amazing finish around the net because his hands are so quick. Most of his goals come in close either by breakaway or by going to the net, getting a feed and making a quick move. He doesn't take a lot of long range shots.

Drouin has also really stepped up his defensive game lately. It was really strong early in the season, kind of tailed off a bit after he had the shoulder injury. Since he's been back from WJ though he's been throwing his weight around more, particulary lately. It's good to see.