View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Pilgore88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
I think you have to be realsitic about expectations. Silfverberg doesn't have Zibanejad's draft pedigree, but he has developed leaps and bounds since the draft. Even in his draft year he was viewed as a potential star, but there were a lot of questions. He gets better every year and he has shown the ability to dominate at various levels. (SEL -> AHL) He just takes time and is a slow starter (even in his MVP season last year he started pretty slowly). Every game you watch Silfverberg with Ottawa you can see that he is improving and catching onto things.

The biggest issue I have with Zibanejad is that I don't see improvement -- even from last year he looks like essentially the same player. I know he's had injury issues and problems, but I just don't see the elite upside in Zibanejad. He has never dominated any level of hockey (even the WJC...golden goal aside...he was outplayed by a lot of younger players where he should have had a big physical advantage).

Personally I don't think that Zibanejad has higher upside than a 2nd line winger. Maybe that's just me. If you can provide some kind of evidence that points elsewhere besides 'he has nice tools' that would really be encouraging.

I'm much more optimistic about our 1st round pick last year in Ceci. I think last year was just not a good draft year for us.
Too be fair, there were like 4 players younger then him at the tournament, he was only 18