Thread: Prospect Info: 2012-13 Prospect Updates
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 09:35 AM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Devin Shore is making a big impact at Maine, and the rest of Hockey East is taking notice:

Quote:
“He’s one of the top freshmen in the league,” said BU coach Jack Parker. “He’s got good hands, good size, he gets around the rink well and he has a lot of poise.”
Quote:
“He has really improved. He’s a lot more confident with the puck. He has a big impact on a game,” said Providence College coach Nate Leaman. “He’s strong. I was worried about him when we played them.”
Also interesting:

Quote:
Shore said he is enjoying being on the point on the power play and said it is the first time in his career he has manned the point.

“It’s definitely not something I expected to happen,” said Shore. “I guess it was an experiment the coaches tried out with all the injuries and tough luck we’ve had healthwise.

“It’s been fun. I like making plays and I especially like having the puck on my stick,” Shore added. “With every game, I feel more comfortable back there. I always try to make the smartest plays with the puck whether I’m down low, in a five-on-five situation or on the point on the power play.”

“It was a gut feeling that he could handle [playing the point on the power play],” said Maine head coach Tim Whitehead. “He’s awfully young but he’s getting more and more comfortable there. He seems to have a good chemistry with Joey [Diamond] and Jake [Rutt] and they complement each other pretty well.”
His head coach on his ability to protect the puck:

Quote:
“When he gets in trouble, he’s able to protect the puck better than most. He shields it. He doesn’t expose it very often. As a result, he’s able to make that extra play and hang on to the puck an extra two or three seconds longer than other guys.”