View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Casper
30 goal grinder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
I'm not sure if slowing down the game the way he's always done will ever work in the NHL. The vision hasn't gone anywhere, but he has to act faster and I think he already knows that. Offensive game is his strength, but against some teams you need toughness (I thought that's the reason we traded for Rupp in the first place), and Granlund as 4th line center isn't the answer.

I'd much rather see him work on his offense, figure out what works in NA and score than continuously watch him play nonexistent minutes with guys you can't expect to score. If Yeo doesn't trust him enough to give him decent TOI in the top lines, let him go to Houston and exercise his magic with other prospects. At first the 4th line was supposed to be a wake-up call for him- he responded by being better, then he was scratched and now a few games later the 4th line is apparently his spot. Sorry, but I just see very little sense in all this, especially if this is a long-term "solution".
Well the game needs to slow down in his head, which allows him to see the ice in ways that other simply can't. I don't think that Houston would be bad for him; I just don't see it as some great solution that will make him (or the wild) that much better.

I just want to see how this plays out. The kid is already make great strides and I dont see any reason he shouldn't keep making them up here. Recall that last game was really the only game his icetime was below 10 minutes. As long as he is averaging somewhere between 10 to 15 minutes a game he should be fine. Im not really sure it matter who he is playing with, he just needs to play his game, not Rupps.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote