View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 10:30 AM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
I don't think DZ will be traded. DZ was off the table for Nash, I highly doubt he'll be on the table for Ryan ****ing O'Reilly. But lets say we do for arguments sake.

If we acquire him, he'd probably be our second line center behind Stepan (starting next year when Richie is bought out- will be third line C this year.)

This year:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Gaborik-Richards-Miller
Pyatt-O'Reilly-Callahan
Mashinter/Powe (if he can come back)-Halpern-Asham

If Kreider develops well over the course of the year and proves he's better than Miller, flip Gabby back to the RW and put Kreider on the left.

McD-G
Staal-Stralman
Gilroy-Eminger/Bickel?

You thought we rode our top 4 too hard last year/postseason...

Next year:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-ROR-Gaborik
Pyatt-Miller-Callahan
Powe-insert 4th line Halpern-like player here-insert obligatory goon here

McD-G
Staal-Stralman
UFA-McIlrath

is probably what we'll see.

I think we forget how young DZ is since he's been here since he was 22. He's only one year older than Kreider, and Kreider hasn't even broken into the NHL yet. I know that the ROR crowd will say the same, but we haven't had a young offensive defensiveman really since Leetch. We'd regret trading him.

I'd much rather scope out free agency, and if we think we can get a Getzlaf-type player, buy out Richie this offseason, and if we don't, let him stick around one more year before buying him out to let JT/Boo develop.

McD-G
Staal-Stralman
MDZ-McIlrath

That's pretty. It'll be even prettier if MDZ develops any sort of a shot. It'll be gorgeous if McIlrath develops a rocket as well.
expect JT Miller AND Kreider are here to stay, since the clock is now ticking on both of them.

Both will be here, if on bottom 6 line being young will get some double shifting on higher lines to add experience.

somebody else goes.