View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 500
So, to get back on track a bit here, I really believe that there are a lot of teams out there that are underestimating RoR and the eventual return that is going to be coming our way.

When you look at a guy like Mike Richards, who plays a similar game and had similar success at the same age and what he was traded for, I think it's ridiculous to assume that other teams will be able to get RoR for spare parts or players they wouldn't mind getting rid of.

Mike Richards returned from LA - Brayden Schenn (best prospect in the game at the time), Wayne Simmonds and a 2nd round pick.

Jeff Carter returned from CJB - Jacub Voracek (7th overall pick in 2007), 8th overall pick in 2011 (Sean Couturier) *and the Jackets knew it was going to be a top 10 pick and a 3rd round pick (Nick Cousins).

So OBVIOUSLY, RoR isn't as proven as either of those guys but both Carter and Richards were only producing at around a 45 point pace when they were 21 years old as well. So the fact that he isn't as proven does affect the value but not to the extent that a lot of people think, in my opinion especially when you factor in the fact that there is a premium for good 2-way centermen in the league right now.

Just trying to put things in perspective a little it.