Thread: Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos Thread II
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Gaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Well the game needs to slow down in his head, which allows him to see the ice in ways that other simply can't. I don't think that Houston would be bad for him; I just don't see it as some great solution that will make him (or the wild) that much better.

I just want to see how this plays out. The kid is already make great strides and I dont see any reason he shouldn't keep making them up here. Recall that last game was really the only game his icetime was below 10 minutes. As long as he is averaging somewhere between 10 to 15 minutes a game he should be fine. Im not really sure it matter who he is playing with, he just needs to play his game, not Rupps.

I don't see sending him to Houston as a great solution, but this can't be a long-term thing either. It doesn't make the Wild better either, and against some of the tougher teams it's just plain dumb. I don't know what's up with Konopka and Yeo (can't believe he'd be left in the press box for several games just because of one stupid penalty), but to me the best solution would be to let Konopka play again and have Granlund play wing in another line. But with the current forward situation it's probably not going to happen anytime soon unless someone gets traded.

For those asking about why Brodziak gets to play in every game: per Russo, they won't scratch a right-handed center.

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote