Old
02-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
You're missing the point of my post...

My point is to say that the term 'overpaid' is a worthless term that fans love to toss around as though it means anything.

Agreed that Prust is 'overpaid', but as long as he contributes in his own way and continues to play well, no one will care that he's overpaid.

As soon as he struggles, that's when that term, 'overpaid', will get tossed around again.

So really...what does it matter if players are overpaid? It doesn't mean a damn thing
It's similar to how people talk of the cap. Sometimes it's as if people rather have cap space than players, even if that space never ends up being used.

Overpaid changes from 1 year to the other as the revenues increase, otherwise, pretty much the whole league is overpaid. I get tangled up sometimes with this word as well.

But what I focus on is more the years, rather than the cash. A 4 year commitment to someone that eats punches throughout the year is pretty long. 2.5M represents close to nothing of the cap, so really, who cares if he's overpaid and we could have saved 1M. I just think 10M for 4y is a lot for a player of his role.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote