View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 850
Really hard to say.

Broncos would definitely still be #1. Whether they have a bad season or not, they will get the vast majority of the media coverage.

That's a big part of the problem for the Avs -- ownership spends bare minimum to get them "out there". No advertising to speak of.

I live ~60 miles south of Denver, in Colorado Springs. In the "Good Ol' Days", there were Meet & Greet events throughout Denver and even down here, where you could meet the players and get autographs. People knew the names Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg, Patrick Roy. Nowadays people give you a blank stare when you mention Matt Duchene, Gabe Landeskog, Semyon Varlamov. "Hejduk? That sounds vaguely familiar..."

I don't really know what kind of advertising the Rockies or Nuggets get in Denver, but it's minimal down here -- only slightly better than the Avalanche.

All that said, I still see Avs gear worn everywhere I go. Restaurants, stores, schools, etc. They're not forgotten. Once they become perennial contenders again, the names of players will be on people's lips again, and the arena will be packed. Soon, I hope.

For me, it's:

Avs

Rockies

Broncos

Nuggets

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote