View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Where did I write that these stats are the only thing that matters?

They're part of the package, that's all, I wasn't trying to write the most comprehensive argument of all time, only one succint and valid point.

Colby Armstrong on a 5-year deal? Thank you for the non-sequitur. FYI even if they were equal (and they're not) we would only add 1 year to Armstrong this offseason, as Gionta will have 1 year left.

ETA: Where did I write that Gionta is untouchable?
You wrote "adjust your expectations" solely based on those 2 stats you're giving us. And you have an excuse in his point total based on the opposition while it didn't stop Plekanec to do his thing not solely on points but how he's playing. And then, most of my post is based on exagerration (5-year contract, untouchable and so on), solely based on the fact that I hate to see people now solely relying on Corsi and Co to prove a point AS IF it was the only think that matters. If true, if we take the same 2 stats you are giving us, it means that both Moen and Armstrong are better than the rest of the forwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
PS Gionta is in a “slump” but, thus far, he scored the same amount of goals than Pacioretty and Eller... combined. Just saying.
Based on the fact that Eller has played so little time and that Pacioretty was playing with the worst line of the team, I say that both are doing Ok....Gionta is playing on the most succesful line of the team, mostly based on Plekanec extraordinairy play and Bourque resurgence and goal scoring. Gionta is no slouch....but I predict we can do better even amongst the forwards we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy piton View Post
i think you are overestimating other teams top 6.
In a world where we rely on the production of everybody based on the fact that we don't have 25-point superstars in a lineup.....I would hope that if we are a top team in the conference, that our top 6 would have to have more points within a top 6. And not only that, but I do think that we HAVE other options on the 3rd line that should have Gionta's icetime instead and we wouldn't be too far off as far as quality of the team. Again, not saying, he sucks, not saying he's the worst hockey player on the planet, just saying that you need to recognize when a player is going down and when other players on a team are ready to take more and are on their way up...but you actually have to let them be on their way up. When Galchenyuk plays more minutes he actually becomes....better. The more Eller plays, despite his questionable IQ at time, the more confident and better he looks. You want to stick Gionta on a 3rd line, remove his PP time and get him some PK time? I say, it's a deal. In no way, does that mean that I want him out.

Besides, I believe Cole is WAY more a "problem" 'cause Gionta is not even a problem. But this is a Gionta topic...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote