View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
I'm not entirely sure why some Wild fans are seemingly eager to trade Scandella. Maybe it just Wild fans trying to set up something to get Depres from y'all as the Seto and PMB scenarios don't seem to be going over too well in Steel City. I dunno. He has the skillset, but been fairly inconsistent in his times up with the club. I think that is to be expected from a 23 year old Dman. Me personally I want to take the long view with him and see how he pans out. He has fair size 6'2" 200lb or so. In the minors and juniors he has shown to have a pretty nasty mean streak to him. Good skater and will willingly jump in front of any hurtling puck. I think that how he injured himself last season. In other words, my kind of defenseman, aside from the getting a puck sized boo boo. So I'm not in the trade Scandy camp, unless he is part of a package for a serious upgrade. He'll probably top out as a second pairing defenseman. I think him and Gilbert could make for a good pairing as he smooths out his game. That's just my non-professional scouting opinion of the dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
The problem with Scandella is his inconsistency right now, leading to him being the odd man out due to him having a two-way contract. When he's on though, he's one of the Wild's top four defenseman, and shows potential to be better than he is now, IMO.
Makes sense and yeah, some inconsistency is probably to be expected from a 23 year old D-man. Thanks.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote