View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Interesting I always wondered how Ottawa slipped under the radar when they picked Zibanejad (instead of Hamilton or Couturier) and Winnipeg got roasted for taking Scheifele for the same potential sin? I guess at the time of the draft Zibanejad must have been ranking around where Ottawa took him?

Either way with picks like Strome, Scheifele, Zabanejad itís too early to tell yet. Look at Huberdeau, last season people were gnashing their teeth in Florida about whether they should have taken Couturier and it appears Hubs might have passed Couts this year as far as offensive impact or at least he is squarely back in the game. We are going to have to wait and see on a few of these picks, If they donít pan out then we (Ottawa and Winnipeg) can all flame away.
Zibanejad was a riser in the draft: he went from nobody to being one of the main topics of the draft as it got closer; Scheifele was a nobody (well as far as early first round picks) the whole time.

Zibanejad is going to get a lot of flack in the near future because he shouldn't be playing top 6 minutes yet but due to injuries he's been asked to do more than I think he can: people are going to say he's a bust and bla bla bla.
He was doing great in the AHL so I have high hopes for him but confidence seems to be a big thing with him: I hope that he doesn't get too down on himself for not being able to produce in accordance to where he's being played. Paulrus seems like the kind of guy who can help him stay positive though.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote