View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 12:44 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
I think everyone is ready for the unleashing of the Swedish Giant. An interesting sidenote was the reports of Anaheim signing Viktor Fasth to a two-year, $5.8 million contract extension on Wednesday, rewarding the Swedish goalie for his 8-0-0 start to his first NHL season.

The kid has been lights out for a team that was suppose to be "fighting for a playoff spot". I doubt anyone could have predicted the start the Ducks are having this season and if they continue this play, my dream of Tallon signing Getzlaf is over officially.

A link to the article for the Fasth singing is here: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416434

Fasth earned a new contract after just nine unbeaten appearances with the Pacific Division-leading Ducks, who have the NHL's second-best record at 12-2-1. He'll make $2.4 million next season and $3.4 million in 2014-15.

I'm not saying Markstrom will turn this team around taking them from the bottom to the top but we know next season Jacob will be the back-up for most of the season unless he steals the job as starter against whoever is kept after this year.

I had an early post on here where I said Markstrom should be signed to a long term deal being a minimum of 4 years at $4million. This signing of Fasth is already at a 2year with a $2.9million cap hit. I just thought it was an interesting signing because that may be what Jacob is in the range of for re-signing. I guess it ultimately comes down to how many games Markstrom plays and what his numbers looks like. I really hope he can somehow spark the Panthers into a comeback season.

I eagerly await the season debut of the Big Cat!
I dont know that. You think he backs up clemmer next year? Let me know before i renew lol.

Im hoping Marky gets 10 games in this year and next year 50.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote