View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Remember that King is an expert at talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Of course they didn't invest $80 million for him to win somewhere else and want him to help the Flames win. This tells me at least one thing - he's not going to walk away at UFA for nothing, and that by the deadline if there's no agreement on a contact extension Iginla is as good as gone.

Missing the playoffs year after year will start to drive the fans away, and the team will start losing significant money again. Prior to the "young guns" era, it took six first round exits and another 3-4 years of missing the playoffs before this team got into serious trouble with a disinterested fan base. Guess what? We're almost there now. I suspect that the waiting list for season tickets is starting to get shorter. I know the casual Flames fan (between the lockout and underwhelming performances) doesn't care anymore.

If ownership cares about making money, they need to be concerned about having a competitive team.

Or maybe this is the "blow it up" rebuild that everyone's been clamouring for? Lose a bunch of games, but under the guise of "being competitive" under the watch of Feaster & Hartley (aka: the scapegoats)
Excellent post Stewie! Send this in an email to Ken King please!

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote