Old
02-21-2013, 12:53 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
This^.

Also, this is exactly what your bottom 6 guys are supposed to be able to do to some extent. Unless they are specialized types (pkers, face off, shutdown, goons) our bottom 6 at this stage of our overall development should be guys like Lewis, King Nolan and Cliffy. All kids who are eager to establish themselves as bonafide NHLers and also want to work themselves up the ladder as far as possible.

Its Lewis today and if things slow down for him it becomes Cliffy or or or.

I would also say that Nolan has really good O skills. I don't know how they will end up working at the NHL level and I am not saying he was ever a gifted scorer but he has put up pretty good numbers wherever he has played in the past. Nolan just needs ice time like the rest of the kids and they have to prove that they can handle it without costing the team.

So far so good I would say. Ups are more often than Downs.
Hey TG, I know you don't advocate bringing Toffoli up at this point for anything other than a cup of coffee and neither do I, but where do you think he fits in long term?

I think if the Kings could acquire a playmaking winger or center to play with Carter the offense might take off like it did at the end of last season.

Edmonton probably wants an arm and a leg for the guy, but Hemsky feeding Carter would be pretty dangerous. We would likely have to give someone like Martinez and a pick which I am not really interested in doing.

Do you have any insights on the MSP kid? He seems like he doesn't fit in Edmonton and we could maybe get him on the cheap.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote