View Single Post
Old
02-21-2013, 12:57 PM
kasper11

vCash: 500
I think Calgary fans will be disappointed by the return if they are expecting a monster package for JBo. I basically see it as a mid-late first and a decent roster player. Although Calgary could probably get a little more by eating some of the salary.

He has the bad combination of not putting up big numbers and not being a big hitter. Yes, he is good defensively. And yes, he can move the puck up the ice. Both are valuable skills. But teams usually look for more physical play from their stay at home dmen.

Then there is the fact that he is a UFA after next season. That means that a team is getting only 1.5 seasons of him. Maybe he re-signs, but you can't count on that.

I can't think of any players that have gotten a monster return back who were that close to UFA. Kovalchuk returned a first, a decent prospect and two so-so roster players. And he was considered a top-10 player in the league at the time. Hossa brought back a first, a so-so prospect and two ok roster players. Kessel went for 2 firsts and a second, but Toronto expected to be a playoff team (and he was only 24 and signed a long-term deal).

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote